[Coco] I think I hit a nerve with my CoCoList Survey on email.

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Fri May 1 21:59:15 EDT 2009

On Friday 01 May 2009, Sean wrote:
>> Since when is gmail all html?  That is the senders choice, not gmail's.  I
>> use my gmail addy for several mailing lists, mainly because vz thought
>> they were spam because they were linux based lists, not winderz.
>>
>> I suck gmail using fetchmail just like I do vz and the tv stations
>> account. Only if the sender sends pure html do I get it, which with this
>> batch of lists, is pretty rare.
>
>Get this, I use Gmail with a version of Pine for windows!  Talk about
>hardcore.  :)

Hummph!  Hardcore suffrage that is, inflicting pine on a winderz box, shame.
OTOH, Pine is probably the most stable app ever compared to windows.  At least
you can't blame a BSOD on Pine.  But I haven't used pine in a decade, did use
mutt for a while, but kmail is the ultimate in configurable for me and has
been for several years.

>(Do a search for Alpine).
>
>Even changed the colors so it looks like a greenscreen.

My eyes prefer an amber/peachy tone, and blue is getting hard to focus at my
age, darnit.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)