[Coco] CoCoFest Report

John A Podraza tonypodraza at juno.com
Sun May 17 22:56:40 EDT 2009

Frank;

Scott Griepentrog was driving me aroud looking for you all....We got back
around, what?  4-5AM????

On Thu, 02 Apr 2009 10:05:49 -0500 Frank Swygert <farna at att.net> writes:
> I see lots of faces I recall in the photos, but can't always put the
> right names to them! a few have changed a good bit from when I last
> saw them -- Boisy and Mark for sure (but I still recognized them!)
> -- but others such as Allen, Alan, Tony & Linda, and Bro. Jeremy
> haven't changed much at all. Can't help but wonder if anyone would
> recognize me, but I don't think I've changed that much. I know
> there's one night at a Chicago fest that Tony, Linda, and Allen will
> never forget!  Seems like someone else was with us (Tony wasn't, he
> was LOOKING for us!), but I don't recall who... Allen??
>
> Maybe next year I can get out to the fest just for old times sake,
> not sure right now. I hope I do get out there before the REAL last
> one passes!
>
> I don't even mess with an emulator any more, not after finding out
> that I couldn't get the video right on my old HP (486) laptop. I
> finally gave that thing away. Wanted to set it up so it booted
> straight into the DOS emulator, just for fun (sort of make a "CoCo4"
> laptop), but that old Omnibook 6000 used some funky video chip or
> circuitry that the emulator just didn't like. Might work on my P3
> Thinkpad 600e, but haven't had time to even try that!
>
> I still like to keep up here on the list though, and might yet find
> time to pull one of the two CoCos I still have out. I saved a couple
> I thought might be collectible one day -- a grey CoCo1 that is
> either the first model capable of 64K or the last grey one (hmm...
> might be one and the same!), and a CoCo2B. Sold my two custom CoCo3s
> year ago because they were still very usable at the time, and I
> didn't want to let them sit in a closet and gather dust when someone
> would enjoy having them.
>
> -----------
> Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 17:55:14 -0500
> From: Allen Huffman <alsplace at pobox.com>
>
> On Apr 1, 2009, at 5:51 PM, Mark Marlette wrote:
>
> > > Imagine what the name list would have been back in the late
> > > 80's......  :)
> >

> Maybe that's why I was bad at names then. The sad thing is, I've
> been
> "away" from the community long enough that I've forgotten people's
>
> names that I used to know! Always embarrassing.
>
> --
> Frank Swygert
> Publisher, "American Motors Cars"
> Magazine (AMC)
> For all AMC enthusiasts
> http://farna.home.att.net/AMC.html
> (free download available!)

Tony Podraza, CoCoFEST! Co-Ordinator
Glenside  Color Computer Club, Inc (which is the)
Sponsor of the 15th Annual "Last" Chicago CoCoFEST!
April 29th  & 30th 2006--Same Familiar Place
Visit our website---http://members.aol.com/clubbbs/glenside