[Coco] NitrOS-9 sc6551 driver

Boisy Pitre boisy at tee-boy.com
Tue Mar 31 22:35:09 EDT 2009

On Mar 31, 2009, at 8:55 PM, Roger Taylor wrote:

> Boisy,
>
> I tried DriveWire for the first time today.  It was the only way I
> could get a copy of NitrOS-9 running due to my Super Controller
> issues.  I downloaded HDB-DOS/DriveWire and copied the ROM over to
> my CoCo using CoCoNet, burned the EPROM, stuck it in my wireless
> pak, launched the DriveWire.exe server and mounted one of the
> NitrOS-9 .dsk images from the DriveWire page, typed DOS, and
> NitrOS-9 booted up nicely.  Great work.
>
> However, sc6551 nor t2 were in the boot, so I loaded them from /dd/
> nitros9/6809l2/modules/scf/
>
> I immediately told my PC to connect to the wireless pak.  It did, at
> 9600 bps.  The /t2 descriptor appears to be set to 9600 as well.
>
> The first thing I tried was echo hello >/t2
>
> I get an Error #207 (Memory Full).
>
> mfree reports
> block B, 3 blocks, 24k
> block 11, 2D blocks, 360K
> 30 blocks, 384k total

Roger,

It sounds like you're clipping along with DriveWire 3.  That's great.

If you're loading the driver and descriptors, you're making
inefficient use of memory.  I recommend going to NITROS9/6809L2/
BOOTLISTS and editing the dw3.bl file there to include sc6551 and t2,
then cd ../SCRIPTS and run the mb.dw3 to create a new boot disk in
drive /x1.

In the bootlist file you may also remove PipeMan, Piper and Pipe since
those are not needed for what you are doing.

Please note that DCD will need to be tied to ground for the bi-
directional flow of data to work.  The sc6551 driver is written to
expect DCD.