[Coco] CoCoNet wireless milestone

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Mon Mar 30 21:07:01 EDT 2009

At 06:57 PM 3/30/2009, you wrote:
>On Mar 30, 2009, at 6:52 PM, Darren A wrote:
>>  SAVER "http://www.somesite.com/somefile.html","COCOFILE.HTM:2",D
>>
>>I believe this will SAVE the file from the internet onto the disk or
>>image mapped by drive # 2. I agree that it sounds more like a COPY
>>operation then a SAVE.
>
>Ah, I understand more now.
>
>That, that does really look more like a copy, since it's copying data
>from a remote source to a local source. That implies a single file copy.
>
>So how do you do an entire disk? Once again, I come back to liking the
>idea of mapping drives for disk images...

You're probably not going to be trying to save a virtual disk onto
another virtual disk unless the source disk is smaller, but is this
what you mean?
DRIVE 0,ON   ' turn on physical drive 0
SAVER "http://www.coco3.com/somedisk.dsk","SOMEDISK.DSK",D

??

Or is this what you mean? (copy web disk to a real CoCo disk)

DRIVE 1,"http://www.coco3.com/somedisk.dsk"
DRIVE 0,ON
BACKUP 1 TO 0

If you like all this, wait til you're able to do THIS:

DRIVE 1,"http://www.someserver.com/latest.dsk"
BACKUP 0 TO 1

Don't even ask!  It's too early to spill all the beans.  :)

--
Roger Taylor

http://www.wordofthedayonline.com