[Coco] CoCoNet wireless milestone

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Mon Mar 30 21:00:59 EDT 2009

At 06:52 PM 3/30/2009, you wrote:
>I think the other commands will allow you to directly access files
>that are not inside of a disk image. For example, to retrieve an HTML
>file from a web site:
>
>   SAVER "http://www.somesite.com/somefile.html","COCOFILE.HTM:2",D
>
>I believe this will SAVE the file from the internet onto the disk or
>image mapped by drive # 2. I agree that it sounds more like a COPY
>operation then a SAVE.

The catch is, SAVE does save the results from the web request instead
of just copying the web file to a CoCo file.  SAVER makes more sense
after a bit of thinking about what can happen.  In fact... Save
Response could be the new description for SAVER.  :)

>What concerns me is if CoCoNet's roots in Disk Basic will mean you
>can't access internet files larger than 153K.

As this moment you can't.  :)

--
Roger Taylor

http://www.wordofthedayonline.com