[Coco] CoCoNet wireless milestone

Darren A mechacoco at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 19:52:06 EDT 2009

On 3/30/09, Allen Huffman  wrote:

> I think the "map something virtual -- disk image on PC or disk image
> on internet -- to a drive number" makes perfect sense. I'm just a bit
> confused over the use of SAVE/LOAD.
>
> Why is that needed? Could you just map the drive to a number, then use
> normal LOAD, RUN, SAVE, SAVEM, LOADM, COPY, DEL, etc. to that drive
> after it's mapped in?

---

I think the other commands will allow you to directly access files
that are not inside of a disk image. For example, to retrieve an HTML
file from a web site:

  SAVER "http://www.somesite.com/somefile.html","COCOFILE.HTM:2",D

I believe this will SAVE the file from the internet onto the disk or
image mapped by drive # 2. I agree that it sounds more like a COPY
operation then a SAVE.

What concerns me is if CoCoNet's roots in Disk Basic will mean you
can't access internet files larger than 153K.

Darren