[Coco] Flexible rompak cable

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Sun Mar 29 14:45:29 EDT 2009

At 01:22 PM 3/29/2009, you wrote:
>I want to either build or buy a short flexible cable that will allow
>me to connect my floppy controller to my CoCo rom cartridge port. I
>am building a new CoCo mini tower and I need to conserve as much
>space as possible. Basically I want to mount the floppy controller
>either spaced over the motherboard or just long enough to even twist
>one turn so I can have more mounting options. At this point in time
>I don't care about a multipack interface I just want my floppy
>controller to work. Thanks...
>
>Alan Jones

In my first repack (named the CoCoTower), I desoldered the expansion
port connector and mounted it upright.  You'll have to do some pin
clipping and such but it''ll pay off in the end.  If you had an MPI
board, it would connect at a 90-degree angle where the cartridges
face inwards to the imaginary box area.  Very nice results.

--
Roger Taylor

http://www.wordofthedayonline.com