[Coco] Windows 95 help

Bruce W. Calkins brucewcalkins at charter.net
Sat Mar 28 09:05:51 EDT 2009

If it is the OSR2, or OSR2.1. version of Windows 95, it will be labeled as
such.  I have been told by people who made their livings setting up and
fixing computers for other people that Windows 98SE was the most stable
version.  ME brought in several features that were to be standard on XP, but
the NT based code was not a smooth fit with the DOS overlay code of Win 3.X
through Win 9X.

I run Windows 98SE on my CoCo Emulator machine with the unofficial windows
98 update and an updated Daylight Savings Time update.  Since these machines
do not go on-line I have not had any problems with viruses or other
exploitation.

Bruce W.

P.S. Google; ultimate OS update, unofficial Windows 98 update & Windows 98