[Coco] hardware question - coco3 RAM subsystem

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Thu Mar 26 19:03:41 EDT 2009

Stephan

First off the COCO3 DRAM is configured in 256Kx16 mode using 41256
drams.  DRAM access is fixed time and is accessed via a method known as
IDMA(Interleaved DMA). That is when the E Clock is low the GIME
accesses the memory for video. During the protion when the E Clock is
high the CPU will write to memory. All reads of memory pass through the
GIME chip.

If your SRAM can be used in either 8 or 16 bit data buss mode then with
fast enough external glue logic it maybe possible to be used in a COCO3.

james