[Coco] Drivewire question

Darren A mechacoco at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 16:58:20 EDT 2009

On 3/26/09, Willard Goosey  wrote:

> I'm following Dr. Goodman's article, and using the MAX232
> driver/reciever.
>
> I don't want to get wierd, because I've got half a modpak... Someone
> had started the conversion, but didn't finish.  Weird thing is, they
> were messing with the address decoding, so I need to spend some
> quality time with a data book to figure out where this thing is
> addressing itself.

---

Conversion from Modem Pak to Serial Pak usually includes changing the
address decoding from the range used by a Modem Pak (FF6C - FF6F) to
the range used by a Serial Pak (FF68 - FF6B). I think this involves
running the A2 address line through an inverter before going to the
CS0 input on the 6551.

Darren