[Coco] (no subject)

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Tue Mar 24 22:39:55 EDT 2009

At 08:34 PM 3/24/2009, you wrote:
>On Mar 24, 2009, at 2:34 PM, Roger Taylor wrote:
>
>>At 02:00 PM 3/24/2009, you wrote:
>>>Tell you what. I'm not even going to waste time asking any more
>>>questions.
>>>This is the fourth time someone has had a snide comment, and since
>>>I don't
>>>seem to know how to ask an intelligent question, I won't bother the
>>>list
>>>with my babbling.
>>>
>>>Thank you.
>>
>>Bill, don't run off.  I think you hit the all-time most unpopular
>>statement and it rattled a few cranky people, that's all.  No biggie
>>around here and nothing personal.
>>
>>Just saying " It doesn't work " doesn't leave any starting point for
>>someone to help you get it working.
>>
>>HOWEVER, if anybody agrees with you about the NitrOS-9 disks being a
>>pain in the butt, it's me.  Wow.  Only 10+ different versions/
>>formats/builds, and if that isn't enough to scare you, putting in a
>>35-track SS copy of one of the .dsks and getting the OK prompt after
>>typing DOS is just too much for me.
>>
>>But that's not it!  Let's say you actually found a .dsk that starts
>>to boot.  You see a long string of "......"'s following by the
>>Crashola message.  Have you got to that point yet?  :)
>
>Hey Roger, when you get stuck on these seemingly insurmountable and
>intractable NitrOS-9 problems, feel free to ask questions to the list;
>many people here have successfully gotten NitrOS-9 to run on their
>systems, and can help you get past these issues that you're having
>with booting.

You misunderstood me.  Read it again.  I never said I was having
issues with booting.  I'm just letting him know I've been there and I
know what he's going through.

Perhaps he should start with the real OS-9 system before jumping into
a modified version of it.

--
Roger Taylor

http://www.wordofthedayonline.com