[Coco] Coco to "plain old monitor"

Jeff Teunissen deek at d2dc.net
Mon Mar 23 12:07:37 EDT 2009

Robert Gault wrote:
> Bill wrote:
>> My oldest PC is hooked to an AOC 4V Spectrum monitor. It's ranges are from
>> 800x600 to 1024x768, 32bit color. It is not a composite monitor, sadly to
>> say. I guess it won't work, huh?
>>

> Based on what I see here
> http://www.monitorworld.com/Monitors/aoc/spectrum4v4vira.html
> http://www.softhut.com/aoc14.html
> your monitor should work with a Coco3 via the RGB output. You will need
> to make your own cable and it may be hard to find a connector for the
> Coco end.

It's astoundingly easy to find a connector for the CoCo end of a graphics
cable: PC serial connectors, of the sort that connect the ribbon cable to the
PC's motherboard.

Alternately, one might solder lines to the opposite side of the CoCo's RGB
output connector and fabricate a second monitor port using a DE9 or DE15HD
("VGA") connector.