[Coco] 3D Deathchase released.

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Sat Mar 21 20:05:26 EDT 2009

At 06:22 PM 3/21/2009, you wrote:
>"Roger Taylor" <operator at coco3.com> wrote in
>message news:20090321224744.2501A20A13 at qs281.pair.com...
> > You mean, so I can type this on my CoCo? :
> > DRIVE 0,"http://www.indigobanquet.adsl24.co.uk/coco/deathchase/??????.dsk"
> >
> > Argg.  I can't find the .dsk image on your site.  ;)
>
>Try DRIVE 0,"http://www.indigobanquet.adsl24.co.uk/coco/deathchase/dchs.dsk"
>
>Note that you can run it with RUN"D now. ;)
>
> > By the way, what methods did you use to author the game?
>
>Well, a number of tools are used...
>
>A09 - assembler. (I like the macros, although the local branches are just
>numbers).
>ProMotion - palette-friendly art package.
>Dragon Convert - Dragon CAS to WAV util (works for CoCo too).
>MESS & Imgtool for testing & making DSK files.
>XRoar - additional Dragon testing.
>And some of my own tools for converting graphics and making CAS files,
>mostly compiled using OpenWatcom or Visual C.  e.g. "ADDCAS" and "TILE".
>And the IDE...  Visual Studio 2003.  (Well, it's retro, right?)

I use Visual Studio 2008 for my PC stuff, but I'm sure it can be
CoCo-fied :) according to the docs.  I was hoping you'd say you used
my Rainbow IDE to write the Death Chase game.  Take a look at my
Jeweled game for the CoCo 3 and imagine it building from source code
to a running emulator window in one click.

As for cocotape.exe, I need to fix a few modes in it before calling
it an official release, but you should be able to do some tape
conversion stuff with the utility.

Great game, btw!

--
Roger Taylor