[Coco] 3D Deathchase released.

James McKay jmckay at jmk1.freeserve.co.uk
Sat Mar 21 19:22:50 EDT 2009

"Roger Taylor" <operator at coco3.com> wrote in
message news:20090321224744.2501A20A13 at qs281.pair.com...
> You mean, so I can type this on my CoCo? :
> DRIVE 0,"http://www.indigobanquet.adsl24.co.uk/coco/deathchase/??????.dsk"
>
> Argg.  I can't find the .dsk image on your site.  ;)

Try DRIVE 0,"http://www.indigobanquet.adsl24.co.uk/coco/deathchase/dchs.dsk"

Note that you can run it with RUN"D now. ;)

> By the way, what methods did you use to author the game?

Well, a number of tools are used...

A09 - assembler. (I like the macros, although the local branches are just
numbers).
ProMotion - palette-friendly art package.
Dragon Convert - Dragon CAS to WAV util (works for CoCo too).
MESS & Imgtool for testing & making DSK files.
XRoar - additional Dragon testing.
And some of my own tools for converting graphics and making CAS files,
mostly compiled using OpenWatcom or Visual C.  e.g. "ADDCAS" and "TILE".
And the IDE...  Visual Studio 2003.  (Well, it's retro, right?)

bye,
James McKay.