[Coco] How to edit

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sat Mar 21 04:16:12 EDT 2009

On Saturday 21 March 2009, Bill wrote:
>I'm trying to edit the standard.bl and dw3.bl, but for the life of me, I
>cannot get the editing commands straight. I can move any number of lines
>forward or backward, delete any number of lines, but cannot figure out how
>to insert ONE character into a line, or delete one character from a line.

Not a lot of info, Bill.  Editors, generally speaking, that actually work on
the coco were xword (no idea what became of it, it wasn't coco3 compatible)
dynastar, very capable but klunky with large files which these aren't, and my
favorite which was tsedit, patched with a patch that made a vi clone out of
it.  And which the inclusion of the /v0, /v1 as window types made me use dEd
to rename it from vi to ed about 2 years ago on my machine.  If you have ever
used vi or vim, you'll feel right at home with that one.

Soo, what are you using for an editor?