[Coco] CoCo Wireless RS-232 Pak

Boisy Pitre boisy at tee-boy.com
Wed Mar 18 22:30:40 EDT 2009

On Mar 18, 2009, at 8:48 PM, Jeff Teunissen wrote:

> Boisy Pitre wrote:
>> On Mar 18, 2009, at 2:42 PM, Jeff Teunissen wrote:
>>
>>> Boisy Pitre wrote:
>>>
>>> [snip]

>>> So would selling it. What's the difference?
>>
>> Before I decided to give DriveWire away there was a difference.  Now,
>> there is no difference, so the point is moot.
>>
>> This horse has been beat, so to quote Ben Kenobi, "There's nothing to
>> see here... move along."
>
> Sorry, I had not read the announcement that it had joined NitrOS-9.
>
> Still though, I wouldn't think the existence of a for-sale product
> performing
> a similar function should preclude someone from doing something nice
> for the
> community by releasing their own work freely (even if it's done with
> self-serving motives, like selling hardware).

Be careful... you are poking the embers, and the fire is likely to
start up again.

You may feel differently if you had invested time into making a
product that someone else would potentially undercut by giving their
work away, especially when you were misled by that individual.  I gave
reasons why I saw it as I did, and I made it clear that it was a dirty
thing to do.

But do we really want to rehash all that again?  I made my point and
I'm done with it.  My response to Roger was to preempt him and release
DriveWire for free, and it turned out to be a great decision.