[Coco] CoCo Wireless RS-232 Pak

Jeff Teunissen deek at d2dc.net
Wed Mar 18 21:48:45 EDT 2009

Boisy Pitre wrote:
> On Mar 18, 2009, at 2:42 PM, Jeff Teunissen wrote:
>
>> Boisy Pitre wrote:
>>
>> [snip]
>>
>>> I have to believe that you are well aware that giving away your
>>> CoCoNet software would directly undermine sales of DriveWire.
>>
>> So would selling it. What's the difference?
>
> Before I decided to give DriveWire away there was a difference.  Now,
> there is no difference, so the point is moot.
>
> This horse has been beat, so to quote Ben Kenobi, "There's nothing to
> see here... move along."

Sorry, I had not read the announcement that it had joined NitrOS-9.

Still though, I wouldn't think the existence of a for-sale product performing
a similar function should preclude someone from doing something nice for the
community by releasing their own work freely (even if it's done with
self-serving motives, like selling hardware).