[Coco] MESS

George Ramsower georgeramsower at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 00:16:35 EDT 2009

> George Ramsower wrote:
>> From: "Robert Gault"

>>> I think you just solved your problem. MESS does not know how to emulate
>>> a no-halt controller. If your disk used a no-halt driver, it is not
>>> likely to work with MESS.
>>

>> I didn't know that and it sucks!
>>
>> How about that "OTHER" emulator? I can't remember what it's called.
>> Someone mentioned it in an earlier post.
>>
>> George
>>

> VCC? To my knowledge, there isn't any emulator that mimics no-halt
> hardware.
>
> You know, it is not necessary to boot from the CNC disk under MESS to test
> most of your code. You can boot MESS with a standard floppy driver and
> just read the CNC disk. If there are commands on it you want to test just
> change (cx or chx) to that command directory.
 I did boot a working dsk disk and mounted my CNC coco disk on drive 1 and I
could access it okay. It's all clear now.
 That's easy enough to do. So I'll just do it that way and copy all my files
to that emu-disk that does work. I'm thinking of converting that machine to
Nitros9 anyway, since I do have a 6309 in it. This should push that Dremel a
little harder.
 I just have to learn the Nitros9 system and the quirks of building a boot.
It IS quite different. Some stuff in there I have no idea what it is. I'll
post questions as I do this build.
 Right now, my head is on a motorcycle I'm going to pick up tomorrow and
this project will take some time. A 1971 BMW R60/5 !! Been looking for one
for a few years and I now have it in my sights.

 George

George