[Coco] MESS

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Tue Mar 17 19:20:45 EDT 2009

George Ramsower wrote:
> From: "Robert Gault"
>> George Ramsower wrote:
>>

>>> Interesting...
>>>
>>> I use a "No Halt" DSC2 on the CNC machine. The address conflicts with
>>> the hard drive coco so it won't boot. The Hard drive coco uses a Ken
>>> Ton controller and requires a different address than what would be
>>> used on the CNC machine. So the boots are not compatible..... DARNIT!!
>>>
>>> Lemme investigate this a little more. Don't forget, this is OS9, not
>>> RS BASIC. So the drivers should work.
>>>
>>> George
>>>

>> I think you just solved your problem. MESS does not know how to
>> emulate a no-halt controller. If your disk used a no-halt driver, it
>> is not likely to work with MESS.
>

> I didn't know that and it sucks!
>
> How about that "OTHER" emulator? I can't remember what it's called.
> Someone mentioned it in an earlier post.
>
> George

VCC? To my knowledge, there isn't any emulator that mimics no-halt hardware.

You know, it is not necessary to boot from the CNC disk under MESS to
test most of your code. You can boot MESS with a standard floppy driver
and just read the CNC disk. If there are commands on it you want to test
just change (cx or chx) to that command directory.