[Coco] Rainbow archives in DjVu

Joel Ewy jcewy at swbell.net
Tue Mar 17 11:46:44 EDT 2009

Tim Fadden wrote:
> This format has been around at least 7 or 8 years probably longer.   I
> only ran into it in one place that I wanted files to view. Why not
> stick to the standard?

Is PDF a standard?  Or is it just a commonly used file format?  Those
are two entirely distinct concepts.

I'm accustomed to PDF, but if DjVu readers are available under the GPL,
have been ported to most popular operating systems, and if the DjVu
format is being used by Google and Archive.org, why shouldn't we make
use of it?

That's my perspective on it.

JCE