[Coco] Rainbow archives in DjVu

Gary bear at bears.org
Tue Mar 17 10:45:52 EDT 2009

On Tue, 17 Mar 2009, Jeff Teunissen wrote:

> You would, yes, but this is one viewer you're likely to be using a lot in the
> future; now that there's a free software (GPL) version of the viewer and

I'm glad to see someone doing this.  I knew the original now-dead Rainbow
project had intended to use djvu format and anytime I've run across
professional archiving they almost always use it as well.  It has the same
fidelity as PDF but produces far smaller images because it was designed to
store scanned images of text pages rather than being a general format like
PDF.

Even if no one else is interested, I certainly am... 200Mb/issue is pretty
rough for archiving.

Thanks!

Peace,
Gary