[Coco] MESS

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Sat Mar 14 19:39:32 EDT 2009

George Ramsower wrote:

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Robert Gault"
>
>> George Ramsower wrote:
>>> I've tried MESS on my computer and can't seem to get it working
>>> correctly.
>>> I have a 1GHZ Celeron computer, running XP SP2
>>> So, I went to MESS.ORG and I see that I have a choice of mess0130B
>>> for Windows and mess0130B i686 OPTIMIZED.
>>> Is one better suited for my system? or would the one for <all
>>> platforms> be better?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> George
>>>

>> Start with the MESS 0130b.zip file. If it works for you, and it
>> should, you can see if the i686 version is any better.
>
> Where do I put the ROM image for this/
>
> --

Hope you've got this straightened out by now. The rom images indeed go
in a roms directory for the latest versions of MESS.

To be more precise and to give you more control, .zip archives of roms
go in roms. Individual .rom files go in subdirectories of roms.

So, for example, the actual roms sub directories would be
roms
     coco
     coco2
     coco2b
     coco3
     coco3h
     coco3p
     cocoe
     dragon64

roms might contain coco3h.zip
but coco3h would contain coco3.rom disk11.rom