[Coco] Using PC printer

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Thu Mar 12 16:05:21 EDT 2009

Gene Heskett wrote:

> Do you see traffic on the usb-serial adaptor's leds when you do a 'list
> filename >/p'?
>
> Also, for 9600 baud out the bitbanger, I had to use a hugely different value
> for the timer in tuneport to actually get truly 9600 baud according to my
> oscilloscope.  By a factor of about 3/1 or 1/3, I've forgotten which way now
> as it's coded into my startup file.
>
> Also, the pl2303 based usb-serial adaptors sold by the shack are broken, use
> one with an FDTI chipset, they are very transparent and haven't dropped a byte
> on me yet.

There is no usb-serial adapter. The signal goes via DriveWire to the PC
and from the PC out the PC USB port to the printer. Boisy and I are
trying to troubleshooting this and when it is resolved, the list will
find out and if necessary the Cloud-9 download will be updated.

Far as tuneport goes, the default value from the DW3 NitrOS-9 6309
Level2 package is 40960. That may be way off but I don't think that is
the problem.