[Coco] Coco to PC cable

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Tue Mar 10 12:25:05 EDT 2009

At 09:57 AM 3/10/2009, you wrote:
>Depends on how you want to do it.
>If you can burn an EPROM or buy a ROM pak from Cloud 9, you can use
>DriveWire.  The documentation for how to build a DriveWire cable is
>in the DriveWire 3  Specification document in the "Support" section
>of the Cloud 9 web site.  Or you could buy a cable from them.  I've
>just downloaded DriveWire 3, burned it onto an EPROM, soldered up a
>cable, and got it running.  It's very cool.  There are servers for
>MS-Windows, Linux, and MacOS X.
>
>Roger Taylor has a program that will convert a file to an audio file
>which can be CLOADed into the CoCo's cassette port.  I think you can
>also produce such a file using a CoCo emulator running on a modern PC.
>Then you just need a CoCo cassette cable.  Roger also sells a ROM
>pak that contains a program similar to DriveWire, as well as a
>bluetooth wireless serial interface.

CoCoNet hasn't been released yet, but it will be free as a download
and I'll sell EPROM copies of the client for a small fee.  The ROM
can drop in the bluetooth pak and give the CoCo a wireless virtual
floppy drive system on powerup, not to mention HTTP requests and
remote printing support.

I envy Bill in that he's showed more interest in his CoCo in two
weeks than a lot of people here show over months or a year.  Bill,
I'm not sure if you're a previous CoCoNut rediscovering the community
or just a newcomer, but either way there's no turning back now..
you're one of us now.  :)

--
Roger Taylor

http://www.wordofthedayonline.com