[Coco] DriveWire

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Fri Mar 6 23:53:05 EST 2009

David Hazelton wrote:
> Robert Gault wrote:
>>
>> Now the ROM boots and runs. I can test or use it without burning an
>> EPROM which means I can have both a hardware scsi system or a
>> drivewire system without changing ROMs.
>>
>> --
>>
> Robert,
>
> Forgive my possible forgetfulness and my lack of understanding...But how
> do you use a physical system and a drivewire system together on a real
> Coco (and I guess on a Virtual Coco) ?  or Are you just loading the Rom
> code in two different locations and exec at the location the drivewire
> starts to go into drivewire mode.
> Sort of on the same note, if I load Nitros9 across drivewire can still
> access my physical Hard drive?
>

> ~David Hazelton

Well you can't do both simultaneously. That is you can access either the
PC hard drive or the Coco hard drive. However, as I am able to use
HDBDOS for DriveWire3 without burning an EPROM, it is trivial to run
either RGBDOS with a KEN-TON scsi interface or DriveWire3 and a .vhd
virtual hard drive.

There is a separate posting of my test results that has more details.