[Coco] Technical question

Frank Swygert farna at att.net
Fri Mar 6 20:18:36 EST 2009

Sounds like the 6809 might be blown. Try the MOTORON/OFF commands without the cassette cable plugged in. The relay should click. If not, you've got problems! Hmmm... instead of 6809, look to the power supply first. D/L a copy of "Tandy's Little Wonder", there are instructions for testing the power supply with a multi-meter in there.

I always used a 3' cable TV cable between the CoCo and TV, using the cable input. You can get an "F" to RCA connector from Radio Shack still. Use that on the CoCo end. The better shielded cable gets rid of most of the snow. Of course if the cable you have worked before, that points to a different problem.

Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 15:07:47 -0500
From: "Bill" <cwgordon at carolina.rr.com>

The cable I am using is the one that has been working perfectly on the
Coco2, before it went "toes up"

Tried all that. Changed channels, tried another cable, tried another TV in
another room. Still too snowy and too much static to see.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"