[Coco] CCR-81 & CCR-82 manuals

Frank Swygert farna at att.net
Wed Mar 4 07:52:33 EST 2009

Outside of the tip should be negative, inside positive. If it uses a phono jack the tip should be positive, large rear section negative.

4 "C" cells clues you in on the power requirement. Should be 6V. According to a chart on Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_battery_sizes#Table_of_modern_battery_sizes), an alkaline C cell puts out 8000 mAh, standard battery 3800 mAh. That only indicates what the battery will put out, not what the cassette player needs though.

Amps is the amount of electricity used, volts is the "pressure" it's delivered at.  A device will only draw what it needs, so you can use a larger amperage power supply than required, but you can't use a smaller one. If you try to use a smaller one it will of course heat up. You should be safe with a 1A universal power supply. Most small "wall arts" are 1A or less. Maybe someone has the AC supply for a CCR-81 or 82 that they can look at just to make sure.