[Coco] Hello list, and looking for B&B XT-ROM image

Rick Taylor coder32768 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 15:24:28 EST 2009

Hi all,
I just joined the list a few days ago. I am Rick Taylor - I used to be on
Delphi ages ago with some now-embarrassing name such as "c_demigod" or
something close (I was a kid, don't hate me :) )

Anyway I still occasionally play with the CoCo, and I recently set it back
up and decided that I was going to refurbish this thing in earnest, get a
new case for it, etc.

The setup is using the Burke & Burke CocoXT system, with a WD1002-27X
controller and an RLL drive. I also have the XT-ROM, but it has never worked
for me. I'm deciding I will assume it had been fried at some point, and am
going to get Boisy at Cloud9 (or someone else with an EPROM burner) to burn
me off an EPROM so I can try again.

I understand that the EPROM images have been released as either shareware or
as public domain, but I've had no real luck locating them. Boisy said to try
Glenside CoCo club, but I'm not sure who to contact there.

Any pointers?

Thanks!

-- Rick

--
All of this machinery making modern music can still be open hearted -
not so coldly charted; it's really just a question of your honesty.

- Neil Peart, Rush, _The Spirit of Radio_