[Coco] HD power supply

Phill Harvey-Smith afra at aurigae.demon.co.uk
Sun Mar 1 16:24:23 EST 2009

Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Sunday 01 March 2009, Bill wrote:
>> Is a power supply for a FD-501 or FD-502 sufficient to power an IDE hard
>> drive (or two?)
>
> That might be a little borderline, Bill.

Something else that might be worth trying is a laptop 2.5" ide, as these
typically draw less than half an apm on the 5v only, most modern ones
can be powered off the USB, which has a max draw of 500mA / device.

Will be quieter and cooler too, though not as 'fast' as a 3.5", I doubt
that that would make much difference at the speeds the CoCo can operate at.

Cheers.

Phill.