[Coco] GIME chip data collection

Frank Swygert farna at att.net
Thu Jun 18 08:53:01 EDT 2009

An interesting project! As far as I recall there were only two versions, 86 and 87, I believe (copyright date). The copyright date should be one of those, and I think the TCC number should be the same for each date, possibly the number above that. I think the first line is a batch/date code, but that might include the second number. Anyway, it will be interesting to see where this goes, will either learn something new, or just verify what has long been held as truth (only two versions). Either way it will be interesting to know for sure!

-----------
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 21:28:39 +1000
From: Nick Marentes <nickma at optusnet.com.au>
I am trying to create a log of chip identification information of the
CoCo3's GIME chip.

On the top of all GIME chips will be labelling similar to the following...

629 V  C030
2645A0001
TCC1014
(c) TANDY 1986
KOREA      A

This is taken from my GIME chip as an example.

Also include the manufacturer logo. Mine is  "VTI".

So as not to clog this list with these e-mails, please send the data to
my home e-mail of:

nickma at optusnet.com.au

The purpose of this to try and see if I can create some sort of GIME
version map, ascertain how many versions of the GIME are out there and
if there are any unique versions floating around.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"