[Coco] Time for that CoCo 3 ethernet card! Twitter access on the C64.

Andrew keeper63 at cox.net
Tue Jun 16 11:05:33 EDT 2009

> Message: 1
> Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 10:50:37 -0400
> From: Frank Swygert <farna at att.net>
> Subject: Re: [Coco] Time for that CoCo 3 ethernet card! Twitter access
> 	on	the C64.
> To: coco at maltedmedia.com
>
> And don't forget that Steve Bjork is working on a combination emulation/hardware package that uses a standard PC along with an interface card that plugs into a PCI slot that has CoCo style connectors... or at least that was/is the plan. Price should be considerably less than the C-one, especially since older model P-4 computers can be used and are pretty cheap... if you aren't like me and have a spare P-3 or P-4 lying around anyway!

I'm actually not that far away from such a thing with my "emulator box";
  well, at least I have the box - with emulators on it, and a 5 1/4"
drive that works well with it. I have the "main" emulators on it, along
with a copy of an older version of MESS that runs, but too slowly on it
to matter (IIRC, the box is a P166 or something like that).

It boots into DOS right now, then I have to manually start an emulator -
but I could easily see booting straight into the emulator and bypassing
DOS (if the boot sector was messed with - I know it is possible to do).
You would still need to set up the custom hardware, and ultimately you
would still want access to all the tools available (I would think?) -
seems like a big project to take it to the next level, but doable.

Just my 2 (very lousy) sense...

-- Andrew L. Ayers, Glendale, Arizona