[Coco] [Color Computer] UPDATE ON TRADING! PLS READ!

Roger Merchberger zmerch-coco at 30below.com
Sat Jun 6 09:04:45 EDT 2009

Rumor has it that Paul Fitch may have mentioned these words:
>Dude, Brand new PC netbooks are going for around $200.00 these days.

Sorry, but after the "Dude" all I heard in my head was that druggie saying
"Get a Dell!" (Not that I think pot's all that bad, but it made for a more
dramatic headline... ;-)

>   Get
>one of those and run an emulaor on like VCC or MESS on it.  You get around
>300 times the computing power + a warranty!

And (by Model 100 standards) pitiful battery life, an absolutely *dreadful*
keyboard and I don't think you can hook a NADSBox to it (not even via
emulation if the Netbook has an SD-card slot).

Whazza NADSBox? Check out the links at www.club100.org.

>http://sourceforge.net/projects/virtualt  is a link to a page that has a
>Model 100 emulator.  I've never run it.
>
>My point is, try the software route first, so you know whether it will do
>what you want.

The OP may not have a couple'o'hundred clams to spare, and wants to trade
one of the best desktop computers of the period for the best laptop
computer of the period. Sounds like a reasonable trade to me and ground
shipping would be fairly inexpensive if one is willing to wait.

> > I have always been craving a portable computer running BASIC,
> > and I found the tandy 100. So, (I dont think this is
> > possible) I would like to trade a coco III for a Tandy 100
> > portale computer. I do not care if it comes with a case or
> > not, I just need a working model. I am sorry if this screwed
> > some things up, but I don't think an MC 10 suited my needs.
> > So, If you are interested in trading, please reply to this
> > message! Thanks!

Unforch, I've neglected my CoCos (my first computers before my T200) more
than my Model 'T' computers due to lack of time... That said, depending on
what the CoCo comes with it sounds like a fair trade to me...

If you're looking for a more "captive" Model 100 audience, I have a
listserver dedicated to just that.

To subscribe, email m100-subscribe at list.30below.com and reply to the
confirmation message. To post, email m100 at list.30below.com. There's a
bazillion (OK, closer to 100+) people on the list dedicated to bringing the
most out of these ol' Model 'T' systems!

Laterz,
Roger "Merch" Merchberger

--
Roger "Merch" Merchberger   | Anarchy doesn't scale well. -- Me
zmerch at 30below.com.         |