[Coco] Is there a Pocket Computer forum?

Bookworm bookworm at cavenet.com
Tue Jun 2 11:06:31 EDT 2009

> I have an RS programmable calculator around here somewhere;
> I think it may have been made by Sharp, but I never liked
> it even as a calculator.

What model? What was wrong with it?

> So, I bought a newer TI-30.  It just doesn't have the magic of the 1970's
> TI-30.  The new calcs are too flat and don't have LED's.  Mine had a plastic
> fake denim case that hung on my belt.

I know what you mean. Why bother with an LCD if it's not going to do graphics?
That's what I like about the PC-2: it has graphics, a cartridge slot, up to 16k
RAM, Basic, etc. Kind of like a CoCo you can put in your pocket.

I have a TI-74 Basicalc, with a TI Hex Bus, cartridge slot, and Basic, (like a
TI-99/4a) but no graphics. LED's and a dark brown case would make it better.