[Coco] [Color Computer] Polymorphisim in BASIC?

shadow at shadowgard.com shadow at shadowgard.com
Tue Jul 28 06:29:57 EDT 2009

On 28 Jul 2009 at 3:16, vacuumboy1 wrote:

> Hi all! I was wondering, is there any possible way BASIC can become
> polymorphic? I mean, can't it keep making changes on a casette? Any
> help is GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!

The CoCo (itself* is limited by the hardware. It can read from the
tape, and it can write to the tape. It has no idea where on the tape
it is. So you can't *alter* data on the tape except by re-writing the
entire file.

The old Model I had *two* cassette ports, so it could read from one
recorder and write to the other. The CoCo isn't set up that way.

--
Leonard Erickson (aka shadow)
shadow at shadowgard dot com