[Coco] [Color Computer] Telnet program?

richec rcrislip at neo.rr.com
Fri Jul 24 09:25:46 EDT 2009

> >,snip>
> >Shhhhhh.... That's what I do... don't let my students know what they do
> > not know 8-)
>
> Chuckle, but how many of them are subscribed to a mailing list for a 28
> year old computer?  I think I'm pretty safe.  And you, I've seen on this
> list clear back in the Princeton days I believe.
>
> Someone could make a similar remark about what I've done over the last 60
> years, and you would be right.  But some of those ex employers _still_
> think I can walk on water.  Who am I to correct them?
>
> It sure makes me feel good though. :)
>
> It still brings a grin to my face 32 years later when the arthritis is
> yelling at me from every joint, to recall a paramed who was giving me a
> physical in '77 to see if I was worth a $50k life policy I'd asked for to
> go with the office door that (for the first time) said "Chief Engineer",
> and when I thought he was about done, asked me to take off my shoes.  I
> said "What's my flat feet got to do with this?"  He replied "Nothing, but
> I've been told you could walk on water and I wanted to see if your feet
> were webbed."  I got a good belly laugh out of that, said "Some folks are
> easily impressed." & then showed him that they aren't of course. :)

Will, I have been a CoCo user since 1984, and I have immensely enjoyed this
mailing list and the old Princeton m/l over the years. While we both know
there was only one who really walked on water, I have greatly appreciated
reading your techincal and non-technical responses on this list.

As for the 28 year old computer, I actually bring it to the college and hook
it up to an over head, thanks to Roy Justis, to show the students what a
really good 1980s OS could do with 512k when IBM PCs could only dream of
multitasking.

Cheers