[Coco] [Color Computer] Telnet program?

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Tue Jul 14 15:03:14 EDT 2009

On Tuesday 14 July 2009, richec wrote:
><snip>
>
>> Ya buy these kids books, and send them to college for 4 years, and they
>> think they know it all when they get a min wage job in a helpdesk monkey
>> cage.
>
>Shhhhhh.... That's what I do... don't let my students know what they do not
>know 8-)

Chuckle, but how many of them are subscribed to a mailing list for a 28 year
old computer?  I think I'm pretty safe.  And you, I've seen on this list clear
back in the Princeton days I believe.

Someone could make a similar remark about what I've done over the last 60
years, and you would be right.  But some of those ex employers _still_ think I
can walk on water.  Who am I to correct them?

It sure makes me feel good though. :)

It still brings a grin to my face 32 years later when the arthritis is yelling
at me from every joint, to recall a paramed who was giving me a physical in
'77 to see if I was worth a $50k life policy I'd asked for to go with the
office door that (for the first time) said "Chief Engineer", and when I
thought he was about done, asked me to take off my shoes.  I said "What's my
flat feet got to do with this?"  He replied "Nothing, but I've been told you
could walk on water and I wanted to see if your feet were webbed."  I got a
good belly laugh out of that, said "Some folks are easily impressed." & then
showed him that they aren't of course. :)

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

It's amazing how much better you feel once you've given up hope.