[Coco] [Color Computer] Telnet program?

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 18:29:11 EDT 2009

On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 6:13 PM, Steven Hirsch<snhirsch at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Rain ----> parade:  http://www.securiteam.com/securitynews/5NP0D15GUE.html
>
> Thanks, that's very interesting!  However, IMHO anyone that opens the admin
> web server to the WAN has rocks in their head to begin with.
>
> The first thing I did was ensure that remote admin was disabled.

Very true. Admin interface open to the public is just begging to be
exploited.  Of course the internal side can be troublesome too.  There
are two wtr54g's that broadcast into my house well enough to use their
connection.  I am tempted to try the exploits mentioned in that
announcement, but in truth it would be unnecessary since both are
using the default SSID, no encryption, and the default login/password.
 I suspect thats by far the most common configuration :)