[Coco] CoCo Forums information gathering

William Schaub wschaub at steubentech.com
Sat Jul 11 11:41:18 EDT 2009

I just don't understand why anyone would want to attack a small group
devoted to an obsolete 8 bit(well isn't it sort of 16 bit?) platform. Is
there any background to all of this?

In either case I hope everything is recovered and we come back stronger
than ever
The coco may not have been the most popular home computer system out
there but in my opinion it was the most unique
and had a winning combination of hardware and software. I don't think I
would be where I am today without the coco. It did what modern computers
really can't do. It provided an introduction to computers as a simple
programmable device that could be easily understood and whats more it
was all documented right down to the bare metal. It was a good learning
tool and I'm grateful to have been influenced by it.

I just don't understand why anyone would have a problem with the coco
community continuing to exist.