[Coco] Coco model 2

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Fri Jul 3 06:32:25 EDT 2009

Gregory Cooper wrote:

>    BASIC doesn't seem to work.  Turning on the machine just yields an "OK",
> an nothing more but the keyboard functions fine and video seems to work
> without issue.   I don't currently have any peripherals so I'm not expecting
> to see the Disk Extended basic.

That seems unlikely. At turn on, you should see a copyright message and
then see the OK prompt. I expect you have not accurately described what
you see.

Type the following: PRINT MEM [ENTER]
Where [ENTER] means the key. What do you see? The number will indicate
the amount of RAM memory under startup conditions. While memory is
normally defined as 4096-4K, 8192-8K, 16384-16K, 32768-32K, there is
always a certain amount of low RAM reserved by Basic so the values you
see with a tape system will be approximately 8488-16K and 24872-32K.

As another message indicated, there is a difference between a command
and a program line. Don't preface commands with numbers.