[Coco] Coco model 2

J.P. Samson coco+list at jeanpaulsamson.com
Fri Jul 3 02:27:47 EDT 2009

On Jul 3, 2009, at 12:23 AM, Gregory Cooper wrote:
>   However, I would have expected to be able to enter a simple basic
> program
> (you know, 10 print "hello", something like that) and see it do
> something.
> Instead, it just echos the characters back.  So, I know at some
> level some
> of the components are functional.
>
>   *So, is there a "normal" state when all you should see is "OK" upon
> turning the computer on, or is there something not right here?*

It sounds to me like your computer is in good working order.

Type the following command after the "OK" prompt:

PRINT "HELLO"

and then hit the [ENTER] key.  It should echo back the word "HELLO".

If instead you type:

10 PRINT "HELLO"

You've actually entered a program, not just a command.  You then need
to run the program by typing:

RUN

and hitting [ENTER].

-- JP