[Coco] xpad and hi-speed?

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Wed Jul 15 17:49:28 EDT 2009

OK, I know the X-Pad doesn't work at 2MHz.

But does anybody know if running the CoCo at 2MHz is bad for the X-Pad
while it's hooked up, but not actually being accessed?

I was playing around with the X-Pad and some BASIC software that can
use it.  The program normally runs at double speed, but slows down
when it uses the X-Pad.

But after a while, the X-Pad started freaking out, sending bogus
data.  Resetting would help for a few minutes, but then it would crash
again.

It may have just been overheating (Socorro's LOWS have been in the
80's!) but now I'm worried I might have damaged my X-Pad. :-(

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA
  -- R.E. Howard