[Coco] security code added to forum signups

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Sun Jul 12 17:23:43 EDT 2009

Folks, I just added a random security # to the CoCo Forum signup
process, and I'll try to add it to both the Login block and to the
forums before a message is posted.

I hope this keeps bots from signing up and posting.  What they were
doing was spending many months signing up and then attacking at once
so that it's hard to fight them off quick enough before people see the content.

In the past, the random security code feature wasn't working, so
anybody could sign up unapproved.

--
Roger Taylor

http://www.wordofthedayonline.com