[Coco] auto-starting game paks

Mark Marlette mmarlette at frontiernet.net
Tue Jan 20 16:48:49 EST 2009

Roger,

<humor>

I can tell you are a software guy. :)

>From your question of :

My question was whether or not BASIC does the jump to the game pak code
or if the CPU does it.

The CPU does EVERYTHING it is told. BASIC doesn't do the jump. It tells the CPU what to do.

Maybe I am over thinking your problem or you meant to say BASIC or GAME PAK code. ??? The CPU vectors contain address to jump to be executed, etc....

As far as the logic goes, easy. Map a register in your logic and keep track of what ever you would like to. Have the hardware respond based upon what ever you would like it to do as designed.

</humor>

Regards,

Mark
Cloud-9