[Coco] Telepak RS232 Pak

Tim Fadden t.fadden at cox.net
Sat Jan 17 13:06:48 EST 2009

Actually 12v is the median voltage. The maximum is 25v and the minimum
is 3v. Depending on cable lingths, quality, etc, 5v will work just fine.
All-be-it it's at the low end of the specs.

Good right-up here:
http://www.camiresearch.com/Data_Com_Basics/RS232_standard.html#anchor1181130

Also found this one here: http://www.omega.com/TechRef/pdf/RS-232.pdf

TRANSMITTED SIGNAL
VOLTAGE LEVELS:
Binary 0: +5 to +15 Vdc
(called a “space” or “on”)
Binary 1: -5 to -15 Vdc
(called a “mark” or “off”)

RECEIVED SIGNAL
VOLTAGE LEVELS:
Binary 0: +3 to +13 Vdc
Binary 1: -3 to -13 Vdc

Google is smart, use it! ha ha ha Too bad you have to weed out so much
advertising to get to the good stuff! Hasn't always been that way.

Cheers!

Tim