[Coco] Telepak RS232 Pak

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Wed Jan 14 13:21:09 EST 2009

On Wednesday 14 January 2009, Mark Marlette wrote:
>Rich,
>
>Smaller pack, ROM pack size. Uses newer technology on the driver receivers
> but does use the same ACIA chip.

So the same old driver should work, and the same 9600 baud limit still
applies.  Some of that I think is driver, not the acia, cuz I had this ones
piggyback chipset modified to be a midi port for a while,  it ran great at
31,250 baud doing midi.  I was driving two cheap keyboards at the same time,
with different voices in ultimuse-III, one through it, and one through the
bitbanger.  It would have been much more useful to me if it could have
received midi too, but sadly I was never able to get a single keypress back
through it.  :(  If I could have made that work, you would have seen a lot
of .ume files from my wife's playing made available way back then.

>I haven't looked at a RS232 pack in a while, have many at home....Can't
> remember if it has gold card edge or not.

Mine doesn't. Never been a problem though thanks to the more aggressive bite
in the connectors of my older mpi.