[Coco] need a mini 6551 RS-232 pak layout

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Fri Jan 16 19:11:59 EST 2009

Roger

You can't export ExpressPCB to other programs. ExpressPCB is
proprietory software and can only be used to generate boards through that
company. Same holds for PCB123. Using these software packages limit
you to that specific vendor. It is a trade off for not having to purchase
layout software. You end up paying for the software by increase board
costs. LArge scale production PCBs can be done for as little as $0.25 a
square inch for two sided. The problem is a decent layput program is going
to cost in the neighborhood of $1000. If you do onesee twosee boards one
or two times a year then programs like ExpressPCB are acceptable. If you
want to do a board under 12 square inches and two layer then I recommend
the freeware version of Eagle and then use a board house like PCBex or
BatchPCB.  With this approach you get soldermask and silkscreening for
less per board than with ExpressPCB.

james