[Coco] 6551 bitrates

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Fri Jan 16 22:02:26 EST 2009

The 6551 ACIA should be able to run at 115200 bps by setting the baud
rate to 0000 which means (external crystal / 16).  Has anyone
confirmed this?  I used to talk to my external modems from the CoCo
with this setting but there was no way to actually clock the datarate
to prove the speed.  The modems I think were auto baud detecting,
meaning whatever the rate I was sending at, the modem would switch to
it when it received the AT character sequence.  I could be wrong.

--
Roger Taylor

http://www.wordofthedayonline.com