[Coco] Connect CoCo Floppy drive to Windows PC

wdg3rd at comcast.net wdg3rd at comcast.net
Thu Jan 15 23:32:38 EST 2009

From: "Gene Heskett" <gene.heskett at verizon.net>
To: "CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts" <coco at maltedmedia.com>
Sent: Thursday, January 15, 2009 9:57:07 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: Re: [Coco] Connect CoCo Floppy drive to Windows PC

> Crimping cane be done with a small vice, or a pair of vice-grips, even a flat
> surface and a house hold 16<->24 ounce hammer will work.

I generally use either a pair of channel lock pliers or an eight ounce hammer. About the only thing that hammer is good for (as the man said, you can be gentle with a big hammer, you can't be forceful with a small one) except for hammering a bunch of finishing nails into a piece of soft pine to jerry-rig a patch panel for the old copper phone lines in the house (which is _glued_ to a stud in the basement -- I wanted to put the nails in the stud, but the house was built over a century and a quarter ago, that wood is seriously seasoned and laughs at nails).
--
Ward Griffiths

Damn, this is my first message from Comcast's new Webmail interface -- the bastards jettisoned my .sig. Well, it was about time for a new one anyway, I'll take care of it tomorrow.