[Coco] Resurrecting a dead CoCo 3

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Fri Jan 9 18:57:36 EST 2009

On Friday 09 January 2009, Phill Harvey-Smith wrote:
>jdaggett at gate.net wrote:
>> On 9 Jan 2009 at 16:33, Gene Heskett wrote:
>>> Depending on your present box, you could do like I have and set up my
>>> own web server on port 85, blocking vz's port 80 blockage they claim
>>> they aren't doing.  Sure they don't.  Yup, denial ain't a river in
>>> Egypt.  You can see what tries to keep this old fart out of the bars
>>> at
>>>
>> |===============
>>
>> They can't block port 80 on TCP/IP. That is the main HTTP port for all web
>> browsers. If they blocked that most web pages would not load.
>
>Well, some ISPs block inbound port 80 connections that is from the
>internet to port 80 on your machine, which is what you need to run a web
>server. When you access web servers on the internet that is an outbound
>connection and so is let through, most firewalls can be configured to do
>the same.
>
>Cheers.
>
>Phill.

They do that to force the user to use a web page on their servers which gives
them the opportunity to load it up with their *&^$* commercials and popups.
I don't waste my upload bandwidth on such.  I may not be a talented web
designer, but what I see here is what you get.  Which is how it should be.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)