[Coco] Resurrecting a dead CoCo 3

Phill Harvey-Smith afra at aurigae.demon.co.uk
Fri Jan 9 18:49:51 EST 2009

jdaggett at gate.net wrote:
> On 9 Jan 2009 at 16:33, Gene Heskett wrote:
>
>> Depending on your present box, you could do like I have and set up my
>> own web server on port 85, blocking vz's port 80 blockage they claim
>> they aren't doing.  Sure they don't.  Yup, denial ain't a river in
>> Egypt.  You can see what tries to keep this old fart out of the bars
>> at
>
> They can't block port 80 on TCP/IP. That is the main HTTP port for all web
> browsers. If they blocked that most web pages would not load.

Well, some ISPs block inbound port 80 connections that is from the
internet to port 80 on your machine, which is what you need to run a web
server. When you access web servers on the internet that is an outbound
connection and so is let through, most firewalls can be configured to do
the same.

Cheers.

Phill.